Sunday, June 14, 2009

Use two sticks to make it in the nature

Friday night was pretty fun. We started with our usual hangout on the balcony which was promptly interrupted at 11 pm by the night watchman. We then headed out to El.Pi again and danced the night away to classic and modern rock. Sehr viel Spass.

Saturday, Sean woke me by banging on my door at 8:30 am. We (Steph, Sean, Halldor, Mark and me) had planned to go to Strassbourg at 9 am, but that didn't happen. We ended up leaving on a 1 pm train with the Schoenes Wochenende ticket which was 37 Euro for 5 of us (7,40 Euro each) and we could ride any regional train we wanted for 24 hours. Sehr gut. Anyway, two regional trains and 1.5 hours later, we were in France! The city is very nice and European and it was really fun to just explore the city. I got a wine glass as a souvenir! And I got to practice my meager amount of French (Bonjour, Merci, Pardon, Au Revoir, etc.), and that was fun haha. I would definitely love to go back there when I know French! We got back to Freiburg around 9 pm, and it was really good to be back. (Pictures to come...)

Even though it was a long day, Steph, Sean, Halldor and I got ready to go out. Again, our hangout was broken up by the night watchman, but that didn't stop us... We left for Agar (minus Halldor, who was too tired) and danced, literally, until the sun came up (we left the club at 4:45 am, and it was light out- the craziest thing I have ever experienced). I hung out with Nassim, Sabri (from Tunisia!), Sara (from Italy, or Italian Switzerland, I'm not sure) and Alex until, if you can believe, 7 am and then I went to bed, while they stayed up until 9 am.

I was awoken by Sean and Halldor, again this "morning" at 12:45, and they wanted food. We hunted the city and decided on the 1/2 of a chicken for 4,90 Euro haha. The rest of the day was very Sunday-like, as I took a 3 hour nap, did laundry and will now cook dinner.

It's funny- being from the US, I didn't start learning a second language until 7th grade. As one girl (Gwen, who is French) pointed out, we don't have to learn more than that because we already know English. Most people here speak 3 or more languages (German included) and I feel very American because I can only speak English and sometimes German. So ist es, I guess... It's made me want to learn more languages.

Anyway, time for more laundry and some dinner.
Cheers,
Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment