Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tick tick tick tick on the watch, life's too short for me to stop

Oh man! Tomorrow is the biiiig day! I'm a little nervous and a lot excited, but at this point it's just like "I want to get the first day done!" and then it will all be easy. OK, well maybe I have to get past the first week for it to be easy, but you know what I mean! :)

Last night, I had a dream(/nightmare?) that I got into school, my teacher put me in front of the class, and I didn't have a lesson planned and all of the kids were bored and just staring at me. And I was trying to talk to them and tell them about myself and they didn't like it at all. Then, I went to the next class, and they were even worse because they were just talking to each other and totally ignoring me! In my dream, the whole time, I was thinking, "This isn't how they said it would go at orientation!" hahaha. Ohhhhh dear, let's hope it goes better than that!

I'm kind of afraid I'll just get up there and be like "umm, umm" the whole time. But I guess if I'm prepared, it will be good! And even though I'm not sure if I'm actually teaching tomorrow, I have planned a lesson. It's more for students who have had about 3-4 years of English, so I hope I don't have to teach the 18 year olds or the really young ones....but I think the youngest in my schools have actually had about 3-4 years of English...so we'll see! I kind of feel like my teacher said I'd be observing the first few days, but I don't remember. I would like that. Especially because I have no idea what my schedule is and I have no real supplies- it'd be cruel to make me teach tomorrow. Maybe just introduce myself, but nothing more. EITHER WAY- I'm prepared! :)

BUT! Frankie is coming this weekend and we are going to go to the disco! Yesss, I can't wait! I haven't been there yet, but it's the only one in BA, so I'm bound to run into my students. And Frankie, too, since there isn't a Gymnasium in BA and she teaches in one in the town over. So it should be quite exciting.

But for now, I'm watching Ocean's 13 in German (no Star Wars on tonight haha) and I'm about to drink a glass of wine so that I can fall asleep soon. I'm not really nervous right now, but I know when I lay down, I'll start thinking a million different things and then on the walk to school tomorrow I'll pretty much be crying out of nerves haha. It will be weird because the students will all be walking with me, but I don't know any of them yet, so it'll be kind of awkward...

Anyway, time to relax. I hope everyone is doing well. And please wish me luck! I need it :)
Cheers!
Alaina

1 comment:

  1. Oh Babygirl! I'm sure you were fabulous today! So excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear how it went :) The first day is always the worst - trust me! From here on in you'll enjoy it. So happy that Frankie is coming to visit and you guys are hitting the disco!!! AND you have Fridays off!! :)

    ReplyDelete